Now I am in my sixth decade - My Sixties. Here I share my travels, observations and musings on life - its purpose and meaning.

Now I am in my sixth decade - My Sixties. Here I share my travels, observations and musings on life - its purpose and meaning.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

In Tanzania

It was an 8 hour flight from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro. We arrived at 7:30 pm and were met by the bus to the Springlandst Hotel, a 45 minute ride from the airport.  Everyone is tired from long days of travel and ready for a goods night's rest.

That is the good news. The bad news is that my bag did not make it on my flight to Kilimanjaro.  KLM is going to track it and let me know something tomorrow.  There are daily flights from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro, so it should make the next flight.  Not sure how good the communications between Tanzania and Amsterdam.  Best case, I will get my bag tomorrow night and pack my duffel and daypack for the start of the climb on Monday.  Worst case, I will have to rent some equipment to make the climb.

So I am off to bed and will get goodw news on my bag tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment