Now I am in my sixth decade - My Sixties. Here I share my travels, observations and musings on life - its purpose and meaning.

Now I am in my sixth decade - My Sixties. Here I share my travels, observations and musings on life - its purpose and meaning.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks this November

Nov. 19 ‎"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." Ephesians 1:11-12 - I am thankful today for God's purpose in my life and that I can continue to seek that purpose on my journey


Nov. 18 ‎"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17

I am thankful today that our God is open to us seeking Him and resting in His hands.


Nov. 17 ‎"Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies." Psalm 103:3-4 - I am thankful today for a loving God who forgives my sins.


Nov. 16 "And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8 - I am thankful today for the journey I am on and the awesome invitation to walk humbly with God.


Nov. 15 "My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:7-8 - I am thankful today for a God who never changes and wants us to trust Him.


Nov. 14 ‎"The Message is as true among you today as when you first heard it. It doesn't diminish or weaken over time. It's the same all over the world. The Message bears fruit and gets larger and stronger, just as it has in you." Colossians 1:5 - I am thankful today for the Good News yesterday, today, and always.


Nov. 13 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" Hebrews 12:1 - I am thankful today for the "cloud of witnesses" in my life.


Nov. 12 "I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains." Psalm 121:1-2 - I am thankful today for the beauty of God'a creation.


Nov 11 “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:13 - I am thankful today for Veterans who were willing to lay down their lives for country.


Nov. 10 ‎"The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1 - I am thankful today for the steadfast confidence we have through God's strength.


Nov. 9 “But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.:" Giving thanks today for Hope.


Nov. 8 Be still, and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10 - I am thankful today for moments of stillness used intentionally to sit in the presence of God.


Nov. 7  ‎"I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2 I am thankful today for the gift of music used to praise God. Beautiful worship service of music today. Gods is Good!


Nov. 6 "You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 18:28 - I am thankful today for God's Light in my life.


Nov. 5 ‎"And don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity." 1 Timothy 4:12 - I am thankful today for the youth and children - past and present - who have taught me so much on my journey.


Nov. 4 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Collisions 3:15 - Thankful today for the peace that passes all understanding.


Nov. 3 ‎"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7 - Giving thanks today for God's love that allows us to love one another.


Nov. 2 ”I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.” Psalm 119:45 - Today I am thankful to live in a country that values freedom and liberty.


Nov. 1 ‎"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." Ps 136:1. I am thankful for our daughter-in-law Kris on her birthday today. Happy Birthday Kris!

No comments:

Post a Comment